Latest Site Updates

Other Battlegrounds Games news
heruca
Developer

For registered forum users only

Post by heruca » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:28 am

New free content has been posted that is available exclusively to registered forum users. Go download it from the "User Creations" section of the forum, under "Fantasy Objects". You won't regret it. :wink:
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

For registered forum users only

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:17 pm

New free content has been posted that is available exclusively to registered forum users. Go download it from the "User Creations" section of the forum, under "Modern Objects" (but the artwork can work well in fantasy/medieval settings, as well).

I know I just posted free art recently, but I wanted to make this available to thank you all for your patience in waiting for RC2, which is taking a bit longer to debug than expected.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

GMBazUK
Captain

Keeping up the good work.

Post by GMBazUK » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:44 pm

I think its evident from you diligence in keeping everyone informed as to development progress and responding to questions promptly, that your working on RC2 with everyones best interests in mind, so take your time, make it right, but for kripes sake, release it sooooooon :D

Baz.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:09 am

I've added yet another virtual tabletop app to the Links & Resources page.

When I first started developing Battlegrounds, I only knew of about 4 or 5 VTs. I never imagined that there were so many tools out there with the same purpose, although in hindsight, I guess it makes perfect sense.

And I''m sure there are a number of other homegrown VTs, as yet undiscovered. In fact, I know of a couple more that are in development, but they don't even have a real web page up yet to make them worth listing.

BTW, we're at 5000 posts on here. Feels like a milestone to me. :D

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:46 pm

I've updated the home page with recent news, and updated the Fog of War sample pics on both Screenshots pages.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:52 pm

I've added three more virtual tabletop apps (d20Pro, Playing Fields, and Battle Aide) to the Links & Resources page. Man, this market is getting a little crowded! :lol:

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:13 am

Heh, never even heard of those. I'll take a look later. ;-)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:05 am

d20Pro seems to be the most robust and fleshed out of the three. Seems like it's been in the works for a few years.

There are some peculiar similarities to BRPG in how a couple of things are implemented. You'll like their tabbed map views, in particular. And their draw tools are simple but effective. They also have a Limbo feature which is like a visual depiction of BRPG's Sideboard. Gotta hand it to them, they done a pretty good job. Except in the area of map loading, which took me 20 minutes and a trip to their web site to figure out how it works.

Dormouse
General

Post by Dormouse » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:15 am

A lot of these VTs seem either to have stalled or to never have built up a big enough head of steam to have a reasonable size of community.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:08 am

I've added two more virtual tabletop apps to the Links & Resources page.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:36 pm

Added two more entries (Zooming and Force Player View) to the Features page of the main site.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:54 pm

I finally updated the home page's promotional pic. :D :oops:

You may need to force reload to clear the old image from your cache.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:05 pm

Made some changes to the second Screenshots page:
¢ Added two entries - the alternate Die Roller panel and the Unit Manager
¢ Updated the screenshots for the Unit Settings panel, the Fog of War panel, and the Preferences panel.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:27 pm

Updated the Links & Resources page on the main site.

Added two mapping sites and removed the now-dead link to Steel Rat's old Image Gallery site.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:13 pm

Added a new screenshot to the main site's Screenshots page, which shows off Cyberdrake's cavern tiles in use.

Oh, and the other day I added a link on the Links & Resources page to yet another VT app. :shock:

heruca
Developer

VT List updated and reformatted

Post by heruca » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:55 pm

I've completely overhauled the list of virtual tabletop apps on the Links & Resources page of the main site (http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/links.html#anchor6).

Since the list was up to 33 programs and was getting unwieldy, I broke it down into commercial, free, and abandoned categories, updated any broken links, and added more info to make the list more useful.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:40 pm

I've updated the Licenses page with some changes. In short, I explained that upgrading Client types is possible, I announced an end date for the current sale prices, and I clarified that old license codes can be cancelled and new ones requested should you wish to change computers or platform.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:13 pm

Updated the Home page. I created a new page for older news/updates, because the list of updates was getting far too long. There is now a link at the bottom of the home page that takes you to the archived updates.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:03 am

I updated the VT software list on the Links & Resources page:

¢ Added OpenRPG+ (not to be confused with OpenRPG).

¢ Moved Gametable down into the "Abandoned Projects" part of the list. I'd been holding off on doing that, giving the developers the benefit of the doubt and hoping that it would eventually start back up, but there's been no indication on the Gametable forums that that is ever going to happen. If things change, I'll be sure to put Gametable right back where it was on the list, but I'm not expecting them to.

heruca
Developer

Sale's over

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:22 pm

The introductory sale on BRPG, which has been going on for over a year (!), is now over. I've updated the Licenses page and the Store page to reflect this. Player Clients and Floating Licenses had each been receiving a $2 discount.

It's entirely possible that there will be another sale in the future, of course. Just not for a while.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:26 pm

I updated the home page's promotional pic again, this time with a World War II-genre sample. I like to throw a new image there every few months, both to keep things interesting, and also to hopefully show that BRPG isn't limited to just the fantasy/medieval genre.

Next up is probably a sci-fi image, since that's a pretty popular genre.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:43 pm

Nice pic :)

For Sci-Fi you should use your map for the Aliens game :D

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:04 pm

That's actually the first map that came to mind. I'm just worried about the legal aspect, since it's based on the IP of both Leading Edge Games (now defunct) and Twentieth Century Fox, and this is a commercial site.

Maybe I can get away with it, though, since I'm not selling my Aliens boardgame conversion as part of BRPG, and I would only show a small snippet of the full map.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:32 pm

heruca wrote:I updated the home page's promotional pic again, this time with a World War II-genre sample.
By the way, the tokens in that pic are made by Tailz Silver Paws (from the Fantasy Grounds forums), and are free to download from his site:
http://www.wyldfurr.com/news.php.

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:00 am

heruca wrote:That's actually the first map that came to mind. I'm just worried about the legal aspect, since it's based on the IP of both Leading Edge Games (now defunct) and Twentieth Century Fox, and this is a commercial site.
Is the alien map available online somewhere? I know you mentioned the rules were...

I think you should also put old splash screen images in a gallery or let a users cycle through the pics by clicking on the new one. Seems a waste not to have them available to new viewers.