Latest Site Updates

Other Battlegrounds Games news
heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:30 pm

Made some minor revisions to the Screenshots pages on the main site, primarily to add Vry's screenshot.

Sorry, Vry, for taking so damn long to get that posted. It's been almost a year since you submitted that image to the Screenshot Contest. :oops: :oops: :oops:
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:58 am

I've updated the list of VT apps on the Links & Resources page to move Gametable out of the "Abandoned/Discontinued" section, because Gametable is now "under new management" and is being worked on once again.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:18 pm

Updated the home page to mention v1.2a's release.

Uploaded a new freebie (a set of fancy Area of Effect templates) to the User Creation forums. These forums are only accessible to registered forum users, so if you want them... well... register. :wink:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:26 pm

I've updated the list of VT apps on the Links & Resources page to add a link to WotC's Game Table.

I also moved V-FORT to the "Abandoned/Discontinued" section, because unfortunately, the creator of V-FORT has decided to let the domain expire. There may someday be a V-FORT v2, but it's not certain at this point.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:58 am

I've updated the list of VT apps on the Links & Resources page to add a link to a new VT I just discovered called TTopRPG 2.0.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:36 am

I've updated to BRPG Store page to add a new option: You can now easily upgrade your Player Client to a GM Client.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:50 pm

Wow! Four consecutive days of news updates on the home page. That doesn't happen very often.

I've also updated the Store page to include Artpacks for BRPG. And there's a new subforum for Scrying Eye Games. Hopefully they'll post an intro soon, and you'll be able to provide them with feedback and reviews of their products there.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:02 pm

I've updated the Store page to include a new section for Bundles, and added a new "Deluxe GM Bundle", which comes with two artpacks.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:22 am

Updated the Screenshots pages on the main site to include Cisticola's screenshots from the recent Screenshot Contest, and also to include pictures of the revamped Turn Sequencer.

Several obsolete screenshots have also been removed.

Edit: Also added screenshots of the new Dice Roller and the Card Table.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Updated the Home page. The list of updates was getting far too long, so I moved some of the older news/updates to the "Archived Updates" page.

More importantly, I've added a brand new page to the main web site, called "BRPG in a Nutshell". It should prove useful for visitors wishing to learn what BRPG is all about without having to read the entire site.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:55 pm

heruca wrote:I've added a brand new page to the main web site, called "BRPG in a Nutshell". It should prove useful for visitors wishing to learn what BRPG is all about without having to read the entire site.
Seems a bit redundant with the Overview page, although certainly easier to read.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue May 12, 2009 3:37 pm

On the Links & Resources page, I just added 2 more links to Mapping Software and 7 more links to the list of virtual tabletop programs (in the "Free" section).

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:29 am

I've updated the Downloads page to add download links for the free artpacks, and to include BRPG v1.4i in DMG format for Mac users.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:47 pm

Updated the "Links & Resources" page to include a few more VTs I recently discovered.

I now count 47 VT apps (56 if you count the abandoned ones).

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:46 pm

As noted on the Home page, the prices of the Valkenburg Castle game box and the Asteroid Zero-Four game box have both been lowered, from $20 to $18.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:39 pm

I've updated the list of VT apps on the Links & Resources page to add a link to a new virtual tabletop program that just came on the scene, called Scene Grinder.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:11 am

The demos for Scene Grinder look pretty good. :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu May 27, 2010 7:42 pm

I've updated the list of VT apps on the Links & Resources page to fix obsolete links. The VTs that no longer have websites are RPGui and Battlepawn. VTs whose websites have changed include ViewingDale, OpenRPG+, D20Map, Dices, Dungeonhelper, Avalomhilly, and the creatively-named Virtual Tabletop.

I've also updated the list of Mapping Programs on the Links & Resources page to add a link to a new mapping program I was recently informed about called Dungeon Demon. It hasn't been released yet, but it looks very promising.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:04 pm

I've updated the list of VT apps on the Links & Resources page, this time to add a new section for VTs that aren't RPG-oriented, but rather used for playing wargames, boardgames, and card games.

There may be a few that I forgot, but I'll add them eventually. Please remind me if I left off anything obvious.

I also added a new mapping program to the Mapping section, called Grumble Mapper.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:28 am

I've updated the list of VT apps on the Links & Resources page to add a link to a new VT I just discovered called Infrno (sic). Looks like it has been around since late 2009, but this is the first I have heard of it.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:00 pm

Since the Four Ugly Monsters site no longer exists, the VT Feature Comparison Chart that was previously hosted there will now be hosted at this site. You can find it here.

VT developers are encouraged to periodically email me updated information about their VT for inclusion in this chart. Next week I will probably start contacting VT developers to solicit updated info.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:43 pm

I've updated the list of Mapping apps and Virtual Tabletop apps on the Links & Resources page.

Specifically, I added Dungeonographer and Grid Mapper to the list of Mapping apps, and Live-Tabletop and RPgrounds to the list if VT apps. Oh, and I also added a couple of new entries to the list of boardgame/wargame-oriented VTs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:50 pm

I've lowered the price slightly on the two bundles offered in the BG Store.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Updated the Links page to include a new (to me) source of audio clips and sound effects, soundbible.com.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm

See today's post on the Home/News page for a link to a 5-page PDF that I just published, called "Guide to Choosing a VT".