Rooftop Map (Day and Night) WIP

Liv
Soldier

Rooftop Map (Day and Night) WIP

Post by Liv » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:33 am

I am working on the visuals for my MnM game. Here is the map for the first battle. I still have lots of little things to fix, but it is mostly done.

The master PSD file is 4680x3264 and 249MB. It was created using only PhotoShop CS2 from a variety of map tiles (from a variety of mapping programs) and Google Earth.

Daytime:

Nighttime:

Zoomed in to rooftop:

Zoomed in to 100% (Night):

Zoomed in to 100% (Night):

Once all the little bits are fixed, I'll post it at full size for download.

-L

erian_7
General

Post by erian_7 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:27 am

Good one, Liv! I see the night-ifying is coming along nicely for that pic...oh, and hello from a fellow MWer! :D
<>< ;^)

Jixxala
Captain

Post by Jixxala » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:46 am

Nice work Liv, I hope to see more of it.
Jixxala
Developer of PGS (Pegasus Gaming System)
Current state - Alpha
Beta starts October.
www.Pegasus-Foundation.com

erian_7
General

Post by erian_7 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:14 am

Looking a bit more, you might add a second masking layer over the brightly-lit areas for the night shot to darken them as a nighttime view wouldn't have such a stark contrast in light/shadow. Good use of lights and shadow on the rooftop at night. You could place some streetlights and such (Render-->Lighting Effects with some circles of light would probably work nicely) but this might draw attention away from the main-area focus and is only a "scenery"suggestion. You could also use the Stamp to take out the vehicles in the night shot (or even move vehicles around) and of course you could give them headlights. Again, just "scenery" stuff. This will be a very cool map--you should stick it over in the DJ forums if you haven't already!
<>< ;^)

Liv
Soldier

Post by Liv » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:38 am

Thanks for the tips. I havent done anything with the non-map areas yet besides a little skewing to get the perspectives to line up.

I thought about posting this over at the DJ forums, but since it wasn't made with DJ (aside from a few "borrowed" tiles) . . . I decided against it.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:22 pm

yeah i saw this at MW. Nice work.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:53 pm

Great stuff, Liv. I love how you combined Google Earth imagery into your map, and the fact that you have both a day and night version.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

smatt1001
General

Post by smatt1001 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:54 am

Shadowrun here I come.

Those are awsome maps Liv
Well, if BRPG someday becomes a household name (at least among gamer households), smatt1001 will be able to boast that he was the first person in the world to buy a license.