DCC: Isle of the Sea Drake

BeZurKur
Sergeant

DCC: Isle of the Sea Drake

Post by BeZurKur » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:02 am

I'm teaching myself Campaign Cartographer 3 and figured a good way is to make maps for Battlegrounds. So I picked up the Dungeon Crawl Classic #55 and started mapping. I don't know how long this will take me, but I figure it is a good exercise. I'm not mapping them exactly; it's more like inspired from. Anyhow, here is the first map.

I also went to www.freesound.org and grabbed some waves sound effects.

EDIT: Here is a link to a zip of the ctx, bge, wav files.
Last edited by BeZurKur on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

BeZurKur
Sergeant

Post by BeZurKur » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:02 am

Here is the second map after the party delves deeper into the jungle. The map in the module is only 15x9 but I think I'm going to expand these to 20x12.

For this encounter I'm using some tropical birds sounds.

EDIT: Here is a link to a zip of the ctx, bge, and wav files.
Last edited by BeZurKur on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:14 am

These are nice maps. Thanks for sharing them with the community.

A couple of things you might want to consider:
1) You could leave the trees off the map, use the treeless version as the actual map, and use the version posted here as a Fog of War Overlay. Then, when the PCs move around, they can see what's under the tree canopies, and they won't look like they're standing on top of the tree.

2) Some other sounds you could add: waves lapping on the shore, seagulls, and the sound of a stream or creek flowing.

3) You could export a media bundle for this Encounter, zip up the bundle along with the Encounter file, and post that here, so that we can hear the audio clips.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

BeZurKur
Sergeant

Post by BeZurKur » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:50 am

I took Heruca's advice. I used the fog of war overlay and exported the bundle. The links are on the edit line for the post. I read elsewhere on the forum to export sound to attach it to an object and put it in the sideboard. That's what I did, in case anyone is wondering what the generic token is for. I'm not certain I did everything right, so any advice or criticism is appreciated.