Dungeon magazine

fseward
Cannon Fodder

Dungeon magazine

Post by fseward » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:45 pm

I'm amazed at how easy it is to transfer adventures from Dungeon magazine into a set of files that this software can use. I'm interested in running the beginning adventure from their new Savage Tide/Isle of Dread series. But, I haven't paid for the license just yet.

Plus, I'm thinking of trying out an old d6 Star Wars adventure that is a huge favorite of mine.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:26 am

Welcome, fseward.

It should get even easier to use scanned maps once I add a means of rotating and offsetting maps (for maps with borders, for example, or ones that were scanned slightly crooked). I might even be able to fix keystoning distortions.

It'll also be nice when PDFs can be imported directly, without extracting the graphics first. That will open up the doors for using the hundreds of PDF-only supplements available from places like RPGNow.

For your Star Wars game, you can find some good figure and vehicle tokens at rpgmapshare.com. A nice set of Stormtroopers was recently added, in a variety of live and dead poses.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

erian_7
General

Post by erian_7 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:12 pm

fseward, I'm running the Savage Tide game as well, and have been working on the graphics for use in my games. I've found the PDF supplements to be excellent, esp. the hi-res versions as you can pull out some really nice maps for quick use without even needing to scan anything. They've also been providing keyed and non-keyed versions of the maps so they can be displayed to players without revealing too much. I do a bit of Photoshop work on some as needed to hide secret doors, etc.

I'm also using the various NPC pics, player handouts, etc. Dungeon has been making me really happy of late...
<>< ;^)