Time for another bug hunt!

heruca
Developer

Time for another bug hunt!

Post by heruca » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:32 pm

I'm itching to try out BRPG v1.4e in a real game, and I'm also itching to play my Aliens boardgame conversion again, which I've just finished updating to support the new features in BRPG.

Soooo...

I'd like to run a one-shot game on Saturday, February 28th that will run for about two hours (less, if the aliens have their way). My schedule is pretty open, so if you'd be interested in playing, post when is good for you and I'll try to pick the time slot that accommodates the most people.

Requirements:
BRPG v1.4e (I have Floating Licenses aplenty :lol: , so you can use the free Demo if that's all you have), a microphone, and Ventrilo (for voice chat).

Game System being used:
The "Aliens" boardgame, by Leading Edge Games. This is not an RPG, but a fast-paced boardgame based on the 1986 sci-fi movie "Aliens", by Twentieth Century Fox. However, fans of the Aliens movie may well find good opportunities to get into character and do a little roleplaying. You do not need to own a copy of the game or even know how to play. The rules will be explained in about 15 mins. prior to the start of the game.

Number of slots for players:
2-9.
3 to 4 players would be ideal, but I can take as many as 9 players. Depending on the number of players that show up, each player will control between 1 and 3 characters (and don't expect them all to survive, it can be a deadly game)

General Notes:
We will be playing the Reactor Room scenario, where 9 Colonial Marines with limited armament must fight their way to the APC that will evacuate them to safety.

Fans of the Aliens movie should find this game very enjoyable, and fans of the boardgame will be pleasantly surprised by how much the gameplay and atmosphere are enhanced by the software. Visual aids, sound effects, and music will be used.

If you're interested in playing this but you can't make it that day, no worries; I'll be running it again at iCon 2009, this April (probably Easter weekend). This is sort of a trial run for that event, to make sure everything goes smoothly.
Last edited by heruca on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Arimmus
Captain

Post by Arimmus » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Awe damn, I was looking forward to something like this.. I wish i was home during that :( oh well I will catch you next time.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:16 pm

This game still hasn't taken place, due to a lack of players, so I now plan on running this soon after I return from my current trip.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Full Bleed
General

Post by Full Bleed » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:15 am

heruca wrote:This game still hasn't taken place, due to a lack of players, so I now plan on running this soon after I return from my current trip.
Hopefully with more than a 1 day notice! ;)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:16 pm

OK, I now plan to run this game next Saturday, February 28th. Time TBD, based on when most of the interested players can make it (please post your availability).

We will be using BRPG v1.4e. I've edited the opening post to reflect the new game date and new version number.
Last edited by heruca on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:23 pm

Today's game day. Anyone here interested in playing? So far I've got two possible players from the FUM forums.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:49 am

Sigh. Once again, this game had to be cancelled due to only 1 player showing up. :(

So I'm going to try once more, but this time I'll try recruiting players from boardgamegeek.com first, to try and ensure there's enough players to participate.

Sunday, March 15 will be the next game day. Plenty of advance notice this time around. We'll be using BRPG v1.4e.
Last edited by heruca on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arimmus
Captain

Post by Arimmus » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:54 pm

lol, Okay Sunday march 15th eh? Well I will play but only if i know the rules. Could you send me a link to a PHB or something? I really would love to play! Give me time and I will try to make it... The only thing that will hinder that I play is work... hardly happens but the job i working on is behind... So if i go in thirds it will be rare... Otherwise, G2G baby!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:19 pm

Someone posted a summary of the rules here.

dunadin777
Soldier

I'd love to...

Post by dunadin777 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:01 pm

I'm new to BRPG, but I'm really excited to play around with it. I'm an avid RPGer who usually ends up GMing and I'd love to join you this next Sunday. BUT I don't have a headset or ventrillo. There's a chance I might be able to get them by the weekend, but if not, am I still welcome? Or is the game going to be chat intensive to the point where typing will be insufficient?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:01 pm

Welcome, dunadin777.

The Ventrilo requirement is there because it will be a chat-intensive game (especially since the rules will be covered) and the game would bog down to an unbearable crawl if we have to limit ourselves to the speed of the slowest typist.

Headsets are nice to have, since they cut down on background noise, but a $5 mic from the likes of Radio Shack/Target/Wallmart/Best Buy will do in a pinch.

I'd love to have you play, so I hope you can manage to get or borrow a mic.

dunadin777
Soldier

Post by dunadin777 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:03 am

Sounds good. Thanks for the quick reply and welcome. I'm downloading Ventrilo for mac, and I'll be asking around if I can borrow one for the weekend. Worse comes to worst, I'll be buying one since I've been jonesing for some good RP for some time now.

Arimmus
Captain

Post by Arimmus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:18 pm

Time???? So i can like prep for it and stuff

heruca
Developer

Re: Time for another bug hunt!

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:20 pm

heruca wrote:My schedule is pretty open, so if you'd be interested in playing, post when is good for you and I'll try to pick the time slot that accommodates the most people.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:27 pm

If its late evening (after 8pm CST) I might be able to join. Have to wait till after the kids have gone to bed. :D

I'll need to see if I still have Ventrilo or not, and get it downloaded. I'll also see if one or two of my other group members might want to join in. Usually there's a few of us just playing WoW on Sunday nights. :D

Also will it be version 1.4e?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:56 pm

nightwalker450 wrote:will it be version 1.4e?
Either that or v1.4f, which should be out by then. I'll be sure to post here when it's decided.

dunadin777
Soldier

Post by dunadin777 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:25 pm

Anytime between 2PM and Midnight CST is good for me.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:24 am

Looks like 2 more guys from my group might be available to help test out as well, if you can run it after 8 CST.

Arimmus
Captain

Post by Arimmus » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:30 pm

2 pm and midnighht works for the Ari man Lets do it!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Looks like there's enough interest that I may run an afternoon session and an evening session. :)

Arimmus
Captain

Post by Arimmus » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:32 am

I just need to get my mind off work and all that, LET ME KILL STUFF!!!!! lol PLay on guys!

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:22 am

Idea for time(s) yet for tomorrow?

dunadin777
Soldier

Post by dunadin777 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:26 pm

I will be available to play from 4PM CST(not 2PM, as earlier stated) through the rest of the night. Also, Heruca: will you be posting your IP address right before the sessions begin?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:31 pm

I'll provide my IP address and a download link via email or PM to everyone who has stated they can play sometime today.

Arimmus
Captain

Post by Arimmus » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:01 pm

I got you all set on my yahoo... So yeah