Sengoku Campaign - "Tamashii"

Stuart
Sergeant

Post by Stuart » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:43 pm

Really must remember to log in !

Himo and I are going to have a closer "play" with the Beta 1.08 download for an hour on Saturday 29th at 8 PM GMT for an hour to experiment with playe/DM interactions, test out the fog of war (no idea how this will work yet but excited), play with combat a little and generally make of ourselves.
Case, RP ... if you can/want to join us please do ... Himo and I just want to explore BG a little. We have both looked at the demo on our own but have not logged on to a host yet.

Stuart

RPMiller
Sergeant

Post by RPMiller » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:54 pm

Yes, I would be interested in doing that, but I'm not sure I can make it. I believe I have a Taekwondo tourney that day. Let me get back to you on that.

Stuart
Sergeant

Call For Players

Post by Stuart » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:03 pm

Shinano province, 1562 (Mutsuki) - Spring.
Mochizuki Castle (a small fort and centre of the Mochizuki lands)

œI go, and it is done; the bell invites me.
Hear it not, Duncan, for it is a knell
That summons thee to heaven, or to hell

mako
Sergeant

very nice

Post by mako » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:18 pm

Well Stuart that is quite tempting however my life is wayyyyyy to hectic to be able to join. As a long time DM myself I can tell your games would be awesome, your attention to detail seems very intense. I also like the way you added some dialouge. Good luck and keep us posted with what happens in your campaigns. I still like to see what others are doing.

:D Never too proud to learn from others!

MAKO

Stuart
Sergeant

Post by Stuart » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:28 pm

Thanks Mako ... too many games and too little time to play them all. All I have to do now is get to grips with BG itself :wink:

Spyke
Captain

Post by Spyke » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:31 pm

Stuart wrote:Ironic - you posting from Tokyo about a game set in 16 C Japan - if you get a chance, do visit Nijo Castle (a world heritage sight) in Kyoto - it was built in 1603 by Togukawa Ieyesu (the first Shogun of a united Japan) and boasts some superb "nightingale floors".
Aargh! I went to Kyoto over the Easter weekend and kept seeing Nijo Castle marked on the map but not being quite in the right place at the right time to go, and wasn't sure what it was, just thought it looked interesting.

I guess I'll just have to head back there another weekend...

What I did see in Kyoto was magnificent though. Wonderful temples, zen rock gardens, geisha, hills and mist...

Spyke

Stuart
Sergeant

Post by Stuart » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:51 pm

A quick screenshot of Dev's tokens at
http://qabbal.ihoststudio.com

Navigate to "Maps" and scroll down to the bottom.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:36 pm

Cool. Nice to see someone using the Consult Charts & Tables feature.

With RC2, you'll have much better control for centering the tokens properly on the figure bases.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Stuart
Sergeant

Post by Stuart » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:55 pm

The table look up etc works fine if the tables are a sensible size, I want to try it with a Rolemaster combat sheet (the ultimate test) at some point. The ability to drag tokens and rotate them (?) with more fine control (change of grid to hex ?) will be great.

Any body out there want to run through a quick d20-based combat to put this through its paces ? Or do we wait for version 2.0 ?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:15 pm

I suggest you wait for v1.0 RC2. Less bugs and instability to deal with.

I can eventually add a zoom in/out function to the Charts & Tables (and to Visual Aids), if folks want or need such functionality.

I also want to add support for other formats, like HTML tables, RTF files, perhaps even Excel files or PDFs.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:23 pm

I split the rest of this thread and moved it to the Feedback section. It was getting way off-topic.

Stuart
Sergeant

Post by Stuart » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:38 am

I have two players (Himo, Baz) for a system that is d20 based; sadly, Sengoku does not seem that popular ?

Anybody else interested in playing - 8 pm GMT, starting nearer Christmas, no evening yet decided on. Please PM me if interested. Maps, tokens and charts almost done.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:42 am

Actually, I love the setting from what I've heard.

Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of of stat-based games and I'm too tired to learn a new game system ;-)

I also know shamefully little about japanese history, mythology, geography, etc.
I've been intending to learn, but it won't be any time soon probably.

Stuart
Sergeant

Post by Stuart » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:43 am

The setting and campaign remain the same ... just the system to run it changes. Shame, Sengoku (Goldrush) has some nice features but ... seems to be a minority rpg.