Ready to Roll

greytale
General

Ready to Roll

Post by greytale » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:44 pm

Alright, I have been hanging around here for a long while and on the Dundjinni forums for much, much longer and have yet to jump back into the RPG realm I work feverishly at drawing artwork for.

I am an old D&Der where most of my RPG experiences start with "Back in the Day". I am looking to get back into the mix with a good mature group.
I would gladly DM/GM in the future but am not quite ready as of yet. I still have to learn some of these new fangled systems. Alright, I am not that old.

:D

Books I have:

First edition D&D - I think I have all of them.
Runequest - I have them but they may be in pieces (soft covers)
Shadowrun
Cyberpunk

Probably, a half dozen more games like Marvel, Chill, Indiana Jones.

New books I am learning:

Game of Thrones (Man, do I love Westeros...)
Serenity (...about as much as I love Firefly)
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay ( I like the system a lot so far)
D&D DMG/MM/PHB
Castles and Crusades (My number one choice)
Savage Worlds (Is it possible to have two number one choices.)

I am also willing to play any of the hundreds of lite systems out there.

I am in Boston so looking for EST games.
My email is in my profile.

Thanks

Greytale
Last edited by greytale on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: Ready to Roll

Post by Omnidon » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:35 am

greytale wrote:Game of Thrones (Man, do I love Westeros...)
Yeah I love that series. 8)

I might be willing to try a game in that setting, though I haven't seen the ruleset for it yet.
Player or assistant GM only though. I never run my own games in premade settings.

greytale
General

Post by greytale » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:44 am

It is a d20 based RPG. So far what I have read fits nicely with the nature of the setting.

greytale
General

Post by greytale » Thu May 31, 2007 10:17 am

Alright, I just added Castles and Crusades to my list. If anyone has a C&C game out there I would love an invite.

I must say I was quite impressed with these rules. If it is possible to have a game that can have comfortable rule system that doesn't trip up roleplay C&C is it. Easy to learn, very old school D&D feel with a new school system.

I am currently running my sons through some modules trying to get the DM feel back. So maybe I can run a game in the future for any BRPGers. :)

Cool Stuff.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:56 am

Greytale, does C&C have any special die rolling requirements that BRPG could be made to support better?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:13 pm

I would also like to join a game, so if someone starts one ... ;)

greytale
General

Post by greytale » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:59 pm

heruca wrote:Greytale, does C&C have any special die rolling requirements that BRPG could be made to support better?
Not that I can think of, but will give the book a once over.

C&C is a mix of basic D&D and D20 D&D (though not officially d20). It is pretty much roll a d20 and add modifiers against a target number. So all dice roll mechanics are just like D&D.

The difference between the two is that C&C favors character classes and uses a primary/secondary attribute based skill check. Dropping feats and customs skills, this is to speed up play.

For class skills you you get to use your level as a modifier. The target numbers start point varies based on whether it is a primary ( 12 ) or secondary attribute ( 18 ).

So it is pretty much as follows.

Primary attribute and class skill : d20 + attrb modifier + level + racial vs target number ( 12 + DM applied modifier)

Secondary attribute and untrained : d20 + attrb modifier + racial vs target number (18 + DM applied modifier)

There are obviously more variations but I think you get the idea.

Quick Rules

http://www.trolllord.com/newsite/cnc/ccqs.html

--------------------

The rest of the games I have (the top list) are older versions. I think the newer version of Shadowrun uses a dice pool mechanic.

Serenity uses a similar mechanic to Savage Worlds in that each skill and attribute uses a different die type (it does not use exploding dice or a wild die). It runs something like this Attribute (ex. d4) + Skill (ex. d10) vs Target Number.

Game of thrones is d20.

Warhammer is percentile.

I have not played any of these newer games and just reread the rules but I think I am pretty close.

Kepli wrote:I would also like to join a game, so if someone starts one ... ;)

Lets see who do I know that could run a game like this? :shock:
Last edited by greytale on Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

tdwyer11b
Captain

Post by tdwyer11b » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:42 am

A Game of Thrones is a pretty cool setting, I must have an older PDF of the rules because mine's statted for both d20 and TriStat.

greytale
General

Post by greytale » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:02 am

tdwyer11b wrote:A Game of Thrones is a pretty cool setting, I must have an older PDF of the rules because mine's statted for both d20 and TriStat.
I have the standard edition hard bound book which is only D20. I think the leather bound had both d20 and Tristat. I had a hard time finding this one but would have loved to have both mechanics in it as I am a system mechanics junkie. Since Guardians of Order has gone out of business, Green Ronin has taken over the license and is now working on "Song of Fire and Ice".